RFIC Test Manager
Irvine, California, United States
The wireless RFIC team architects, designs, and validates radio transceivers integrated into complex wireless SoCs. Our transceivers have powered wireless connectivity solutions for Apple wearable products, enabling the smallest form factor at the lowest power envelope. You will have the opportunity to do innovative development in transceiver design while working closely with systems and product teams at Apple. In this role, you will be part of an RFIC design team and manage all aspects of RFIC test for bring up, testing, debugging, optimization and characterization of wireless radios in SOC. Would you like to join us and become part of this dynamic team?
- We want you to have:
- 15+ years’ experience in RF test development, debug, and reporting with 7+ years management experience
- Proven management track record and solid experience in leading RF test engineers and developing test infrastructure
- Proficient in scripting and debugging in any of the following: Python, Perl, TCL, C++, or equivalent
- Hands-on experience of RF test equipment (network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, vector signal analyzer, vector signal generator, etc.)
- Strong RF background and with deep understanding of RF systems fundamentals
- Detailed knowledge on RF, PLL, and wireless systems measurements (i.e. IP3, NF, ACPR, phase noise, lock time, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of radio architectures, transmitters and receivers line-ups, VCOs and PLLs, filters and data converters.
- Good familiarity with Wireless Standards and Specifications at System level and how they relate to radio and RFIC building blocks.
- Experience of RF PCB board design, debug, and development
- Team play spirit with excellent communication skills to work with various teams in the company and make presentations to upper management
- Exposure to RFIC design and simulation/verification
As a RFIC Test Manager, you will be responsible for: -Establish robust RFIC test methodology to help drive efficient and high quality test of radios: transmitters, receivers, PPLs and LOGens, and RF / Analog / Mixed Signal blocks. -Recruiting and staffing, resource planning, and schedule management with radio leads. -Run bench test and debug of RF SoC IP including transmitters, receivers, PLL, power amplifiers, ADC/DAC, crystal oscillators, and PMU. -Debug chip level or board level desense and EMI issues. -Write scripts using a build up environment in order to automate measurements. -Perform RF system characterization measuring EVM, spectral mask, phase noise, sensitivity, and other radio parameters. ---Test radios in SOC in coexistence scenarios. -Design external matching networks to optimize Tx/Rx radio performance. -Generate RF design/verification/test report. -Collaborate with RF systems and integration teams on RF board layout, test interface methodology and programming sequence, and RF calibration programming. -Synchronize radio register settings between simulation environment and test environment. -Work closely with Product Engineers and Test Engineers for ATE and product testing. Correlate ATE results with bench measurements. -Mentor junior RFIC Test Engineers.
Education & Experience
BSEE required, MSEE preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.