Software Developer in Test – Display Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the team responsible for ensuring the highest quality for technologies at the heart of Apple's products. Part of the Core OS organization, The Core I/O team, is responsible for firmware, device drivers and frameworks related to Display and I/O technologies. We work on a broad spectrum of transport layer technologies that enable USB, ThunderboltTM, HDMI and DisplayPort. This is a highly motivated and entrepreneurial team, always looking for ways to improve the status quo, by applying innovation to solve difficult problems at scale. We are looking for someone who will lead the charge on raising quality bar for one or more areas within USB, Thunderbolt or Display Technologies. You will work in a fast-paced environment, interacting directly with development teams within the organization, as well as cross-functional teams across Apple. The nature of the position requires excellent communication skills, strong technical and debugging skills, along with an aim to make a difference.
- Solid UNIX OS fundamentals
- Experience with scripting and low-level programming – Python and C desirable.
- Highly motivated, creative, and organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to ramp up quickly on new and existing technologies
Own overall testing and quality of the technologies for which you are responsible. Design, develop and own automated tests for new and existing technologies. Investigate and analyze issues spanning across the hardware and software interaction layers. Work closely with engineering and project management team to ensure quality releases.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience/skills.
- Experience of developing and debugging device drivers, firmware or operating system software.
- Solid knowledge of key I/O technologies such as USB, Thunderbolt, HDMI and DisplayPort.
- Strong fundamentals around using Git or similar SCM tools.
- Awareness of DevOps toolchains and related build-integration workflows.
- Practical experience of using automation frameworks and harnesses, writing and reviewing automated tests and results,
- Ability to employ data visualization to report and present large scale datasets a plus.