Manufacturing Quality Engineer (MQE)- Enclosures Plastic Resin Materials
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- 4+ years of experience in engineering, manufacturing or quality control for plastic resin.
- Experience developing process quality plans, supplier quality audits, and driving corrective actions and failure analysis efforts.
- Working knowledge of mechanical quality and reliability concepts, supplier management, and general manufacturing operations.
- Experience with the development and evaluation of measurement systems
- Project management experience and an understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis and statistical analytical tools
- Experience with any of the following: mechanical enclosures, plastic parts, injection molding, tooling, jigs, fixtures, or high volume quality manufacturing engineering (e.g. Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Medical Devices, Etc)
In this highly visible role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on Apple Products and leave a footprint for years to come. We have an opportunity for a plastic resin quality engineer to lead development, and ramp for a next generation Apple product. Our quality engineering team enables the mass creation of impossible products as a partner in the development of Apple's renowned designs. Key responsibilities will include: Partner with multi-functional teams to evaluate design and processes at the concept phase Develop measurement technologies, control strategies, information systems, and manufacturing methods that achieve results-oriented specifications at substantial production scale Develop and implement groundbreaking quality inspection tools to evaluate color, cosmetic, and mechanical characteristics for plastic resin Compile and evaluate data to resolve appropriate limits and variables for color, processes, and specifications for plastic resin Lead activities to balance unparalleled quality with scalable yields Work with internal and external groups to ensure that proper definition of quality expectations and that appropriate assurance techniques are used for the product Coordinate all Quality Engineering functions for a program, serving as project manager to lead efforts at plastic resin supplier locations Establish audit procedures appropriate to program and plastic resin supplier to ensure consistency to Apple quality standards Evaluate and communicate yields of new and existing processes Drive corrective actions multi-functionally with internal and external team members Travel domestically and internationally to supplier sites – 25%
Education & Experience
BS in Engineering (Material Engineering, Plastic Engineering, Chemical engineering or similar). Masters or PhD in the these fields is preferred.