Camera Custom Silicon Reliability and Failure Analysis Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in cultivating excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. The team is looking for you to contribute to the development of next-generation camera hardware, and identify and drive device robustness improvement
- Proven track of record with entire IC development all the way to large volume production ramp-up focusing on FMEA and device reliability
- Hands on experience with implementing a solid design methodology with FMEA
- Broad range of engineering knowledge and/or expertise.
- Sharp problem-solving skills and critical thinking.
- Past experience of independence in closing silicon related failures at various development phase.
- Strong commitment to going above and beyond to get work done at the highest quality.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with the development and analysis of experiments to root- cause challenging electrical problems.
Lead design FMEAs for all new silicon development Lead technical Failure Analysis to support root cause analysis and issue resolution This role requires silicon development methodology, electrical engineering fundamentals and silicon process knowledge, and experience with hardware/firmware related analog/mixed signal device failure analysis Reviewing and providing guidance for silicon vendor’s development methodology to ensure device reliability and failing safe way Driving vendor’s design FMEA and providing feedback and guidance throughout entire development Working with cross-functional teams including product/test, module, silicon design/application engineers throughout silicon development and its module and system level integration Reviewing and providing feedback on vendor’s reliability test plan/results Reviewing and providing feedback on internal module and system level validation plan to ensure device reliability under various failure cases Driving and reviewing design for reliability and design for test to ensure stress-ability and testability
Education & Experience
Preferred MS, or Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Some travel may be required