Electrical Engineer - Camera Hardware
San Diego, California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in cultivating excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. Our target is to deliver superior camera hardware to enable best-in-class camera user experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic, high energy individual who can help us with tomorrow’s challenges.
- You will have 5+ years relevant experience
- Expertise in electronic design, including component selection, schematic creation, and hands on with mainstream tool-chains
- Broad experience with both analog and digital circuits, e.g. small signal conditioning, low noise power supply, high-speed and serial control interfaces
- Strong knowledge of layout strategies for material selection, stack-up planning, EMI minimization, signal integrity and noise suppression
- Comfort and ability to use all types of electronic test equipments
- Capable of managing different projects in parallel
- Great interpersonal skills
Investigate forward-looking technology, feature and silicon for camera hardware Define electrical interface requirement and architecture Schematic creation, including image sensor, low-noise power supply, AF/OIS driver, and high-speed interfaces, etc Supervise and review layout design for substrate, flex and PCB Interact with product team to ensure good implementation for system integration; Close collaboration with peer teams for system level performance optimization
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or industrial experience equivalent.
- Knowledge of CMOS image sensor, ISP or image processing is desirable
- Experience in using Matlab or other simulation tools is a plus
- Occasional travel will be required