Head of Financial Planning and Analysis, AppleTV+
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you'll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple's growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. Finance is critical to upholding our dedication to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company's future. Join us, and you'll have an important role in continuing Apple's legacy of efficiency and success. This is an exciting opportunity, rich in analysis and playing a critical role in supporting strategic decision making. This role will report to the Head of Apple TV+ Finance and Operations Planning and will oversee financial planning, analysis, and reporting for Apple TV+, Apple’s premium streaming service. This includes but is not limited to leading financial planning and reporting for content costs and video operations. Candidates for this role should be able to seamlessly operate at both a hands-on and a strategic level. This leader shall partner with and influence various groups, handle confidential information, and carry a very high level of responsibility and exposure.
- Minimum 15 years of finance experience in entertainment industry required in similar roles with demonstrated progression and growth in responsibilities
- Strong business acumen and high intellectual curiosity with solid interest in Apple’s products, services, technology, business, and strategy
- Exceptionally detail-oriented while able to keep sight of the “big picture”
- Validated experience building and/or running high-performance teams; able to form positive relationships with multiple business partners and peers
- Passion for automating and improving processes, and drive to adopt latest technology tools
- Excellent analytical skills with proven ability to own and run multiple projects, grasp new concepts, and problem solve
- Ability to work comfortably with high level of ambiguity and complexity across multiple partners
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present results and recommendations to an executive audience
- Lead and develop the high-performing team that is responsible for the Financial Planning and Analysis and Reporting function for AppleTV+. - Collaborate with Creative, Production, Post-Production, Business Affairs, Production Finance and other Apple teams in creating forecasts, long range plan and quarterly business results. - Generate quarterly business results and monthly forecasts of both P&L and cash flow to inform executives of progress against annual divisional goals. - Create and review greenlight models (ultimates) for potential series orders and season renewals, including collaboration with Content Operations and Research/Analytics to include and monitor critical metrics. - Collaborate with Studio Operations and Production in managing Studio assets, including portfolio of stages. - Partner with International Programming and Distribution team in developing and managing against an evolving global strategy. - Review and interpret complex contractual arrangements into summarized deal analyses with financial impact. - Ensure business compliance with policies and procedures as required by Sarbanes Oxley. - Continuously assess business and financial processes to determine improvements and potential automation and efficiency solutions. - Be a proactive partner in the implementation, design and testing of business system projects to support rapid business growth.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required, CPA and/or MBA preferred