Studies Project Manager - Health Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Health Technologies Group conceives of and proves out exciting new technologies for Apple’s future products and features. We are seeking a Studies Project Manager to lead human study efforts in collecting data to support development and validation of new health sensors and algorithms. This role interacts with all engineering design disciplines, data analysis, legal, business development, and other project management teams. Our team works in highly innovative yet dynamic environment with high sense of urgency. If this sounds like you, read on!
- We are looking for a project management professional with at least 4+ years of proven experience
- Studies Project Managers need to have a solid understanding of human research studies lifecycle and be adaptable to managing studies with varying levels of data collection requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with a track record of on-time project delivery
- Self-motivated and proactive with critical thinking and resourcefulness to drive the project to success
- Experience working with and managing vendors and/or external study sites
- Experience in budgeting and financial forecasting at a project / study level
- Some travel is required, up to approximately 10%
- Experience in R&D or consumer product development a plus
- Studies Project Managers are responsible for developing, managing and communicating project definition, development milestones, project schedules, and project status among cross-functional internal teams and also with external vendors and/or sites. - A few key additional roles you will play: creating and managing budgets; assembling risk mitigation plans; driving teams to execution; reporting and presenting to senior management on project status and timelines. - You must be able to prioritize issues and track the details as well as be in touch with the big picture. - You are a fearless organizers who is ready to work with the highly skilled internal hardware and software design teams to achieve successful studies that meet timelines, data quality requirements, and budget. - Having exposure to and familiarity with the changing dynamics of research and development will help you thrive in this role.
Education & Experience
B.S. degree in biomedical engineering or any engineering discipline or human-research related discipline