Legal Counsel - Apple Pay/Apple Card
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple is looking for an experienced credit card and consumer finance attorney to join our team and help shape Apple Pay’s expanding payments initiatives—with a primary focus on supporting Apple Card and related consumer credit products and services.
- Deep understanding of the legal and regulatory landscape for consumer credit products and services, including Truth in Lending Act (TILA)/Reg. Z, CARD Act, UDAAP/UDAP, Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA)/Reg. B, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)/Reg. F, the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)/Reg. V, E-Sign, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), and similarly applicable state laws
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements and terms and conditions for consumer credit products and services
- Experience interacting with federal and state financial regulators and examiners
- Experience providing product counseling for mobile wallets, digital payments systems, alternative payments, or other similar financial services
- Knowledge of the structure and operation of payment network rules
- Knowledge of marketing and privacy laws applicable to credit cards and consumer finance
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills and the ability to work as part of a cross functional group are essential
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Prior in-house or large law firm experience preferred
In this role you’ll help support the Apple Pay team on a wide range of initiatives related to offering, operating, and using Apple Card and related consumer credit products and services. This will include operating as both product counsel to help shape new initiatives to responsibly manage legal and regulatory risks and commercial counsel to put in place agreements and terms as necessary to support those initiatives. You’ll also need to help the Apple Pay team navigate the regulatory landscape for consumer credit products and services that applies to banks, bank service providers, payment networks, and other participants in the consumer finance industry on a daily basis.
Education & Experience
JD degree, excellent academic credentials, and admission to at least one US state bar