Technical Project Manager - Wallet, Payments & Commerce Data Science & BI - Austin
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for a hardworking, passionate and results-oriented Project Manager to join our WPC Analytics Data PMO Team and help drive the future of Data Science & Business Intelligence for our expanding Wallet and Apple Pay products. As a member of the WPC Analytics PMO team, you will play a central role in delivering a high-impact project initiatives with our Payments, Commerce & Wallet teams. You will partner closely with your WPC teammates, business and engineering teams to define initial requirements, produce specifications, drive new data product features to completion. The role requires detailed project planning, coordination, and execution of technical tools and systems development, the ability to construct robust technical test plans, clear and concise interpersonal skills, an understanding of operational challenges, helping to scope improvements for future Wallet, Payments & Commerce Data Science & BI initiatives, and working closely with partners from various internal teams such Data Engineering, Product, Marketing and Operations.
- 7+ years of experience in a Technical Product Management role, preferably for a financial services, digital media, web analytics, marketing optimization or subscription business focused in the data space.
- Experience managing projects using Agile software development (e.g. Scrum or Kanban), and collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams. Have the experience to prioritize multiple, high-priority projects in a highly paced environment.
- Utilize strong prioritization and project management skills, including timely and proactive communications of timelines, status, customer concern
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, building strong relationships with partners and teams around the organization. Ability to convey complex requirements in a clear, concise and credible manner
- Deep analytical abilities, strong out-of-the-box thinking, curious business and technical demeanor, and an ability to drive action
- Leadership skills to influence partners and see projects through to timely completion in an agile environment
- Knowledge of data pipeline design, with an understanding of integration and data transformation standard methodologies and BI product development lifecycle. Experience in ML product development preferred
- Excellent analytical skills, extraordinary attention to detail and ability to “translate “ sophisticated concepts into language and context that are relevant to the business
- Previous experience managing vendors/contractors with previous PMO team management highly preferred
Manage the data product design and delivery process that unlocks analytics capabilities Manage the process of instrumentation and dataset creation efforts for our Data Science team, collaborating closely with Business, Marketing, Client Engineering, Data Engineering and Privacy teams. Understand and define requirements to migrate/induct/enrich data from production into downstream data warehousing environments for consumption by analytics tools and products, data scientists, and analysts. Work with privacy, engineering & data teams to understand business processes and co-develop data requirements, instrumentation, aggregation, and induction for new features Develop frameworks for instrumentation, attribution, and reporting across multiple platforms and tools. Provide consulting expertise through effective communication to customers, partners, management, staff and peers to ensure expectations are met Drive and improve the documentation of plans and processes, driving consistency and alignment across teams Create systems to track and prioritize product needs and challenges Facilitate project retrospectives to collect feedback, draw out lessons learned, and document standard methodologies
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Information Systems