5G Protocol Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
As a 5G Protocol Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and verification of a complex wireless system. We need you to be responsible for the design and specification development for the protocol of complex wireless systems including modification of the 3GPP specs with a focus on PHY and protocol layers implementation. You are a specialist in cellular wireless systems performance and capabilities, including a working understanding of the wireless system platform and the use cases.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in telecommunications role
- You have depth of knowledge in 3GPP 4G/5G protocols (L1/L2/L3)
- Experience with physical layer in 5G and wireless communications protocols and software defined radio (SDR)
- Good understanding of IP protocol stacks over wireless links and RF performance metrics
- Experienced with high bandwidth, low latency communication, and processing
- Adept at writing software and firmware routines and test scripts
- Strong desire to go deep on system level issues and drive problems to closure in a team-based environment with a proactive demeanor, while able to work under own initiative and with a high degree of autonomy!
Do you thrive in researching and solving complex wireless system challenges and provide highly innovative solutions? Then come develop and translate 5G communication designs and algorithms into functional prototypes. You will apply leading-edge concepts and technology for the development of an advanced and complex wireless system. While closely work with internal hardware and software teams to define system functionality, interfaces and algorithms as you design, develop, debug advanced protocol stack SW for a complex wireless system at Apple.
Education & Experience
BS EE or equivalent required; MS EE or equivalent preferred