Manufacturing Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are seeking an outgoing, enthusiastic manufacturing engineer for the Hardware Systems interconnects Team. This position entails owning system interconnect DFx and manufacturing with expertise in various Voltage regimes and High Speed electrical interconnects and wire harnesses. The ideal candidate is someone with significant manufacturing experience who is willing to work with cross-functional teams in defining the manufacturing requirements. Candidate will work with various electrical and mechanical engineers to identify solutions and keep other teams moving. Developing strong credibility and rapport with other engineering and non-technical teams is also a must. Responsibility includes understanding the mechanical and electrical requirements and select manufacturing solution to meet goal for both commodity and quality. Candidate should have experience in high volume manufacturing floor defining and solving LV, HV and high speed harnessing - creating process flow, reviewing manufacturing document, DFM and continuous improvement plan. Candidate will also characterize and make appropriate adjustments for manufacturing process or design under electrical, environmental & mechanical stresses. If you're passionate and want to be part of a group that works on very early stage R&D, have the opportunity to shape them, and relish the opportunity to deliver the next amazing Apple technology, we may be the team for you!
- BS in Manufacturing, Electrical, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering or with 3 plus years of experience required
- Strong technical background and hands-on capability in the area of wire harnesses manufacturing.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment involving multiple x-functional teams and vendors.
- International travel may be required.
- Experience in PPAP and APQP process is a plus
- Experience in high volume manufacturing floor is a plus
- Six Sigma experience preferred
•Developing manufacturing processes and defining critical process parameters to guarantee product performance and quality in prototyping and in mass production. •Working with product design engineers, providing critical DFx feedback and helping define manufacturing strategies for new products. •Creating equipment specifications, leading contract manufacturing during quoting and design phases •Providing hands-on support during startup, installation, and commissioning of new equipment and line. •Leading contract manufacturers during their equipment development and process validation to assure product quality, yields, and throughput. •Reviewing and approving the manufacturing documents •Interacting with internal teams and external partners to manage tradeoffs between product performance and manufacturability and guiding suppliers to realize the designs.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Sciences with 3-5 years of experience. PREFERRED Master of Science in Electrical Engineering. Test and report automation knowledge is preferred. Experience in various wiring techniques (twisted pair, twin-ax, coax, shielded, etc.) Scripting experience (Python, Matlab) is a plus. Simulation software knowledge (HFSS, Labview etc.) is an added benefit.
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their loved ones in important ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace