Camera Packaging Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is a place where extraordinary people team up to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. Do you love tackling big challenges that require exceptionally creative solutions? Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. An extraordinary opportunity to be part of our Camera Process/Packaging Engineering group, we are responsible to develop assembly processes, equipment and materials for cutting edge optical modules. Working closely in highly collaborated environment with different teams. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp problem-solving skills of individuals. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk!
- 3+ years of hands on experience working with semiconductor module packaging, with diverse experience in areas such as MEMs, System in Package, laser, LED and Camera Module.
- Knowledge of assembly manufacturing processes, transfer from development to mass development, and high volume manufacturing, is a plus
- Strong collaboration skill to work with diversified x-function team
- Demonstrated ability to perform DOE, data analysis, and process capability control
- Demonstrated failure mode analysis, root cause investigation, and problem solving for product yield and quality issue.
- Experienced working with subcontract manufacturing partners.
- Ability for International business travel to support project development, and support product manufacturing
Work as the key packaging / process engineer supporting complex, high volume semiconductor sensor modules Provide leadership in the areas of module construction, materials, equipment, processes, reliability, and testing Define, validate and consolidate design rules and design guidelinesIn charge to identify the correct product process flow, compatible with high volume manufacturing requirements Work as the key camera process/packaging engineer to develop key and new assembly process/equipment/material for Camera moduleParticipate in external vendor assessment and selection., from MP intent equipment, adhesives, to direct and indirect materials Responsible for DOE planning, statistical process analysis, process specification, and D/PFMEA Work collaboratively with global based in-region process team.Provide leadership to a team of Asia based process engineers supporting the process development and qualificationIn charge to provide process communication to cross functional team, and to senior management team Travel internationally to vendor site to support product manufacturing will be required Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Education & Experience
BS with 5+ years of experience or MS/ PhD degree with 3+ in related Engineering discipline