Software Quality Engineer, Apple Pay
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Pay US Quality Engineering team is looking for a creative and motivated Software Quality Engineer with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills. You will join a dynamic team with strong technical skills who take pride in themselves in qualifying the best in class Apple Pay user experience. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and exciting opportunity to be part of new projects and shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every day.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, and testing tools.
- Experience in the creation and automation of software tests (e.g. unit, regression, functional, stress tests).
- Understanding of software QA metrics, operations, and statistical techniques.
- Experience in developing test plans, assessing risk, filing appropriate defects, and providing relevant data for test reporting.
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g. Jenkins).
- Experience in Java , Python , C# or Swift.
As an Apple Pay Software Quality Engineer, you will work closely with software engineers, external partners, product and project managers, and SREs to guide new features from inception to release, as well as ensure existing features meet our customer's expectations in each software release. Job functions include: - Testing new and existing features on pre-release software and hardware to find problems before they impact our users - Triaging difficult problems and driving them to resolution, in an effort to make the user experience phenomenal - Working with client, server, and partner engineering teams to identify software requirements and develop test plans - Defining test coverage, creating and maintaining test cases, reporting test results, and evaluating readiness to ship throughout the software development lifecycle - Developing testing tools and automation
Education & Experience
Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience