Engineering Manager - Simulator and Virtualization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Xcode team provides the tools to develop software for Apple's innovative macOS, iOS, tvOS, and watchOS platforms. Because tools are our products, the Xcode team has the unique and rewarding opportunity to apply personal experience to enhance and augment the tools they use everyday. The Xcode team is seeking a creative, motivated engineering manager to drive a team in designing, building, and improving foundational technologies that enable internal engineers and external developers to interact with external devices, simulators, and virtual machines as part of the development process.
- 2+ years experience directly managing a software engineering team or working as a technical lead
- Proven track record of technical leadership, delivering features on tight timelines
- Ability to find simpler solutions to complex problems and workflows
- Ability to inspire others and steer them towards shared ambitious goals
- Ability to work well with other engineering teams to align priorities and collaborate successfully on shared initiatives
- Passion for software maintainability, organization, testability, and readability
- Comfortable with large and established codebases, including complex debugging scenario
- Object-oriented design and programming skills
- Demonstrated ability for creative and critical thinking
As an engineering manager of the Simulator and Virtualization Team, you will be responsible for the core technologies responsible for interacting with simulators and virtual devices as part of the development process. Your communication skills will be incredibly vital as you interact with your team and many diverse groups across the company. You will collaborate with cross-functional partners like Human Interface Design team, iOS, tvOS, watchOS, CoreOS, Security, Networking, and work closely with product and feature program managers to plan, scope, and develop new features. Every day, you will work with passionate engineers, designing and building outstanding products in one of the most critical and impactful spaces.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field, equivalent work experience will be considered. Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
- PREFERRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- - Excellent debugging and triage skills
- - Objective-C or Swift development experience
- - Knowledge of designing and developing client-service architectures and APIs
- - Expertise in Operating System Development
- - Experience with Virtualization (Hypervisors, VirtIO, Paravirtualization, etc)