Engineering Project Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to build products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informational and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in the App Store. Our platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy! The Ad Platforms EPM team is looking for a passionate and versatile iOS Engineering project manager with strong technical skills to support our iOS development and QA teams both for Search Ads and News. This role requires you to understand the big picture while also being able to dive into technical details to solve problems. This role will involve interaction with all aspects of engineering, marketing, legal, support and product release.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in driving cross functional/engineering initiatives
- Minimum of 5+ years of program or product management or engineering experience and proficiency and passion for the craft
- Experience in establishing operational frameworks to drive planning cycles, scorecards and KPI’s
- Ability to identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently
- Experience in driving release cadences, familiarity with CI/CD
- Hands on experience in using reporting and analytics tools such as Tableau and SQL
- Significant experience in strategy and program delivery with a strong focus on agile methodologies, alignment across a matrix team environment, and global change management
- Expert level ability to communicate directly and clearly, with a strong emphasis on careful listening
- Solid instincts in business strategy matched with deep analytical thinking. You're comfortable leading a team in defining and driving success measures across a program and a portfolio
- Familiarity with iOS and passion to learn more about it is a plus
Maintaining various communication mediums, such as websites and status reports used to communicate goals, current focuses, and progress Build data sets, dashboard and insights to provide visibility on budget and resource trends Ability to build and drive processes for gathering updates and reporting them Standardize templates for capturing and reporting operational metrics Managing, tracking, and filtering internal bug/story reports from Apple's collaboration software Ability to facilitate communication between cross-functional groups is critical You must enjoy challenging and innovative projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment Ability to facilitate decisions across multiple partners such as Product, engineering teams and other EPM
Education & Experience
Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or related subject areas.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.