Wireless SOC Test Station/Factory Support Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Come to Apple and work within a team to deliver a broad range of Wireless technologies. This is an extraordinary opportunity to engage with the latest technologies and contribute to groundbreaking Apple products year after year. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. Apple seeks a technical leader to program manage our groundbreaking Wireless connectivity chipsets to meet performance, quality and schedule requirements for Apple products. You will be responsible for multi-functional team coordination, communication, and representation across Wireless connectivity systems and silicon engineering ecosystem from concept to production. Technical background crafting product and test engineering for Wireless connectivity products will be key to your success in this role. Ideally, you will also have project management experience in some aspect of Wireless SoC platform/system development. You will also work in a multifaceted engineering environment where advanced multi-tasking skills and real-time crisis management are all desired strengths for this position.
- 5+ years of experience working in Wireless connectivity systems and/or SoC silicon development.
- Prior Wireless SoC for connectivity product/test engineering experience on ATE platform preferred.
- Knowledge of Wireless systems for 2 or more modern communications standards, WiFi /BT and UWB Wireless systems/standards preferred.
- Extraordinary teammate and creative problem solver with ability to lead technical teams and multi-functional groups against plans.
- High tech industry experience with a track record of hands-on product development, program management, project management or engineering management.
- Results-oriented and dedicated with validated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Driving issue resolution, enabling on-time silicon to meet daring product schedules. • Drive internal program process to guarantee high quality on time silicon execution. • Interface and drive resolution of technical issues with multi-functional teams to enable successful Wireless connectivity SoC mass production ramp. • Enable tight collaboration between Design, DFT, Technology, IP owners, Packaging, Reliability, Product Engineering/Test/Quality, Silicon Validation, and RF Systems teams during NPI to finalize Wireless connectivity SoC performance targets and screen requirements. • Convert large amounts of data into a clear story to communicate to multi-functional teams and organizations at all levels. • Focus silicon teams on meeting schedule and unblocking technical issues by pulling together the right multi-functional technical expert(s) to resolve issues with emphasis on data-driven decisions. • Identify risks, develop mitigation strategies and facilitate conflict resolution. • Drive simple and effective processes from "lessons learned" to avoid quality and execution issues early in development cycle. • Disciplined issue tracking, organizing and reporting of program risks, status, and options for resolution to executive management. • Work experience as a project/program manager in one or more of the following areas: New Products, Program Management, test and factory bring up, Operations Engineering. • Craft and run silicon validation hardware programs and processes, including board design, specification and schematic approvals, factory builds. • Drive technical issue resolution to enable timely readiness of RF testing facilities and related equipment. • Attend and drive technical sessions with suppliers/design partners to track and follow-up blocking issues.
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in technical discipline