Sr. Prototyping Engineer - Home Prototyping Team
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Our team at Apple is looking for a Senior Prototyping Engineer to work on next generation Home concepts and experiences. You will work, together with creative technologists, engineers, and designers, to explore and prototype product and service experiences to support and inform the Home organization’s product planning and development.
- Proficiency with range of prototyping tools and processes - both software and hardware, to include: coding (at app level), electronics, physical fabrication, 3D CAD/modeling, and video editing
- Ability to quickly identify and integrate different software and hardware components to best prototype concepts
- Ability to sketch/visualize ideas and specify designs for wireframes, physical objects, spatial interactions, environments
- Flexible, creative, able & willing to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Design sensibility and experience developing for UX important; proven ability to work with UI/interaction designers
- Adept at working from low-fidelity wireframes to pixel-perfect interactive mock-ups
- Excellent collaboration skills, outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present work to executives and large groups
- A passion for Apple, its products, and its customers is a must
- We are highly motivated with a deep desire to establish ourselves within a company of talented individuals
- We embrace team player mentality, in which company and team success are the goals, rather than individual accomplishment and accolades
- Do you have a strong knowledge of Swift and/or Objective-C for iOS/Watch/MacOS systems, and machine learning techniques, a strong plus?
In this role, you will be a senior individual contributor on a team responsible for the ideation, development, and validation of prototypes to explore as well as demonstrate forward thinking concepts for Apple Home. The ideal candidate has a breadth of product and interaction design experience and excels at bringing concepts to life in digital and/or physical media, and can do so at varying levels of UX fidelity. You must be resourceful, creative, and comfortable working through ambiguity and utilizing a wide array of techniques to bring your ideas to life.
Education & Experience
Bachelors, Masters, or PhD., and/or relevant life experience in Computer Engineering, Industrial Design, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field.