Product Manager - Collaboration & Productivity
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The people here at Apple don't just build products - we also provide tools and services to improve the way employees collaborate at Apple. We believe that the Apple Employee is the Apple’s first customer. The IS&T Collaboration & Productivity team equips Apple Employees with the tools, training, information, and support in order to optimally coordinate, communicate, and collaborate across their many responsibilities each work day. Our main focus is simple: enable Apple Employees to be more productive.
- - Experience with successfully engaging "externally" to industry to provide tools/services and concurrently coordinating "internally" with Business Operations elements (Corporate Procurement, Finance, Ops, etc) to review/negotiate/approve contracts and subsequently handle vendors for a specific project/function
- - Experience with operating business-critical systems and with successfully addressing operational failures, performing Root Cause Analysis, scheduling maintenance downtime, and implementing system-wide corrections to prevent further reoccurrence of issues
- - Experience in working with Global/Regional teams
- - Strong time-management and organizational skills, Able to deliver multiple projects of varying lengths, while meeting quality standards and deadlines
- - Experience with Business Intelligence Tools (like Tableau) and conducting the analysis of data to advise both high-level strategy and day-to-day tactics
- - Proficiency in translating (qualitative) "wants and needs" from non-technical users into (quantitative) functional engineering requirements for Business and Technical Documentation
- - Unwavering ethics, encouraging ability to rally a team in the face of adversity, and unparalleled customer support focus
- - Experience with diplomatically balancing multiple commitments/critical issues with customers, internal leadership, staff and operations
- - Previous team leadership/management experience preferred
- - Previous experience as an Engineering/Technical Project Manager is a plus
We are seeking a Product Manager who will be a crucial component of an outstanding team that is responsible for researching, procuring, and delivering Collaboration and Productivity tools to all the Business Units at Apple. Some of the tools we deliver provide features to improve large segments of our daily workflow; this includes tools built internally or externally, and focus areas such as File Sync & Share, Chat, Content Collaboration, and Community Management. In this role, you will be shepherding the operational employment of a tool that will meet the needs of the end-user. As new user requirements evolve, you will serve as the primary liaison with Industry to investigate solutions, conduct a Proof of Concept, establish a Pilot, and deploy the solution across the Apple Enterprise. Our ideal candidate should possess finely-tuned Critical Thinking skills and have significant breadth and depth as a top-tier Product Manager. IN ADDITION, YOU WILL: Obsess over the Apple Employee user experience of IS&T Collaboration and Productivity tools/services. Navigate the product development lifecycle. This includes requirements collection, engagement with Industry, participation with Corporate Procurement and Finance partners, evaluation and analysis of tools/features, and company-wide deployment to users. Articulate complex technical issues and organizational/political interdependencies in a cogent, concise, objective and timely manner to Executive Management. Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic "startup" environment with minimal direction, agile responsiveness, limited resources, and a relentless demand for dispassionate critical-thinking and creative problem-solving. Influence multi-functional teams (and their leadership) across Apple to make decisions that improve the productivity of the Apple Employee.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science, information management, or a technical discipline plus 7+ years experience or MS degree plus 5+ years' experience or equivalent.