Financial Analyst, WW Logistics
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, our ideas have a way of becoming top selling products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Team up with Apple, one of the most influential technology leaders in the industry. Join the Apple Finance organization and make a positive impact on a company that is known for its solid lineup of products, including Mac, iPod, iPhone, iPad, and iLife. At Apple, you’ll share in a commitment to perfection by working with world-class managers, all with one unified vision – creating innovative products that delight customers. Finance is about “fueling innovation”. We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, partnership, excellence, and can-do thinking. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big, contact us today. The Worldwide Operations Finance team is looking for a Senior Logistics Financial Analyst to support the worldwide logistics financial forecast and close process. We feel that this critical position is the main focal point for deep analysis, coordination and consolidation of the WW forecast/actual results, and would work closely with regional finance and regional/worldwide operations teams. You would have financial planning & analysis experience in a global or regional role with a multinational company. Previous operations finance experience is strongly preferred. This role will own reporting, analysis, and business insight deliverables for senior executives/management. You will need to clearly articulate the key business drivers related to global freight, duty, distribution spend, and drive down to relevant details with deep ad hoc modeling & analysis where necessary.
- 5+ years professional work experience
- Demonstrated analytical and logic abilities
- Hands-on financial experience performing budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis.
- Proven ability to gather and analyze large amounts of data at a macro and micro level.
- Demonstrated success in finance operational improvement
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Collaborative; able to build consensus and partner with cross-functional and cross-regional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously.
- Intrinsic desire to challenge the status quo, improve processes, and add value
- THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Previous experience within a multinational company
- Experience with database design and script writing in FileMaker or similar
- Experience with Tableau and/or other data visualization systems
- Experience with integrated accounting systems (SAP)
- Advanced spreadsheet (Excel) skills
- Previous logistics and supply chain knowledge
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Audit experience
- Drive & support the global freight & duty forecast process, provide direction and feedback to regional finance teams - Perform monthly forecast/quarter end financial analysis and close duties - Contribute to process reengineering & innovation of the areas of responsibility (process & depth of analysis) - Support WW Logistics/WW Supply Chain organizations in ad hoc analysis relating to cost drivers and new product costing related to freight - Interact with all levels and departments (such as other Finance groups, IS&T, Facilities, Procurement, Logistics Operations, Planning etc.).
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred CPA/CMA/MBA is a plus