Engineering Manager (Integrations team), Xcode
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Xcode team is seeking a creative, motivated engineering manager to drive a team in designing and building innovative features that help developers create applications for all of Apple's platforms.
- Proven track record of technical leadership of a software engineering team, 3+ years experience
- A desire to make high-value code contributions in a large and established codebase and demonstrate technical stewardship beyond your component area
- Highly developed problem-solving skills, and flexibility and patience when handling curveballs
- Ability to work well with other engineering teams and designers to align priorities and collaborate successfully on shared initiatives
- Experience authoring developer-facing software, either tools or libraries, including experience with existing IDEs (Xcode, Visual Studio, Eclipse)
- Passion and commitment to career development and the growth of others
- A commitment to maintaining a cohesive and happy engineering team with a focus on a respectful work environment that maintains a healthy work-life-balance
You will be responsible for leading a small team of engineers through prototyping, planning and implementation of IDE integration features (how Xcode connects with and augments external services). As a first-line engineering manager, you will directly contribute to the Xcode codebase, necessitating strong software engineering fundamentals and a comprehensive understanding of object-orientated design. Ideally you are passionate about clean, intuitive user interfaces that tackle challenging workflows head-on, have a proven track record in successful software development, and an ability to inspire and lead others to success (either in a management or technical lead capacity). Equally, you are inspired to form and champion critical ideas about how our software is architected, demonstrate how to write clean and maintainable code, and lead from the front with a strong testing philosophy.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science 3+ years in an engineering manager role Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.