Software QA Engineer - Video Apps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Video Applications QA team is seeking a Software QA Engineer to test our video applications on macOS & iOS software and ensuring a high-quality customer experience. We need someone who is comfortable working in an exciting environment with constantly evolving priorities, and someone creative and inspired to invent new ways to help build better products.
- Strong understanding of SQA methodologies and practices
- Experience testing graphics or media technologies preferred
- Inquisitive and ability to investigate and debug difficult software issues
- Thrive in a collaborative organization, that's fast-paced and dynamic, and can clearly communicate technical problems to software teams and management
- Analytical, methodical and creative problem solver committed to driving quality forward
- MacOS &iOS familiarity preferred
- Video knowledge desirable
This role will provide quality assurance for software clients developed by the Video Apps team. Client level testing will be vital. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong technical, problem solving and communication skills, and the willingness to work in a dynamic environment. You will work closely with other team members to develop requirements, identify appropriate testing implementations processes, and methodologies. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and with making educated, critical judgments in the absence of complete requirements. We capture, monitor, and analyze test results to ensure the features work end-to-end for customers. Therefore you must be effective and systematic at managing priorities, and communicating progress as well as risk through regular status updates. Additional responsibilities will include design and implementation of test plans and test cases. You should have a proven track record to ramp up quickly on both existing and new technologies.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience