Senior Engineering Program Manager
Sacramento, California, United States
Software and Services
Join us as we build the next generation platform to support iCloud, iTunes, Maps and Apple’s other internet services! Strong skills in communication and negotiations are a must for our team. You take ownership and feel a personal stake in the projects and processes you deliver. You can establish and communicate responsibilities and scope clearly. You value integrity and manage conflict. You know how things work and work for the success of our entire Global Networking and Compute team. You thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it. The ideal candidate has deep wisdom, judgment and perseverance, and is able to keep their eye on the ball. You build strong relationships and are aware of politics but do not get mired in them. You are constantly looking to improve yourself, your team, and are maniacal in your pursuit of excellence.
- We are seeking at least 10 years of program/project management experience
- Strong technical proficiency with bonus points for data center infrastructure build out experience; networking, systems, DB and storage.
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings)
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Able to lead multiple projects at any given time working across many teams
- Self-starter who is naturally accountable and responsible
Come join the Data-Center Network Team that support Apple’s external facing apps! We're a lively team of sharp engineers that provide network design, operations and software development support. We directly influence the daily operations of iTunes, iCloud, Maps, Search and Apple’s other Internet- facing services in order to maximize efficiency, consistency and availability. As a Senior Engineering Program Manager, you will primarily focus on the following duties: - Work with cross-functional partners to gather requirements, manage implementation, and drive delivery of projects - Deliver complex projects under demanding timelines - Oversee all aspects of multiple projects including scope, requirements, timelines, risks, communications, and resource allocation - Define business, functional, and reporting requirements, often writing them yourself - Own overall cross-functional project schedules including deliverables from other Apple teams - Take a role in improving how projects are run and executed - Manage relationships both within Internet Services Operations engineering and with our partners in corporate IT, Legal, Finance, Operations, and other organizations within and outside of Apple
Education & Experience
- BS or equivalent industry experience