Full Stack Web Developer
Austin, Texas, United States
Apple’s Hardware Web Tools team is looking for a high-energy full stack web developer with a passion for creating impactful web applications. This team is responsible for developing creative tools that support the product development process for all hardware engineering efforts at Apple. The tools we develop will be used by thousands of employees creating the next consumer product to surprise and delight our customers. You should enjoy working closely with the end customer, thrive in a rapid development environment, and advocate for the best possible product.
- 3+ years experience developing web applications and web service APIs in a commercial setting.
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTPS, RESTful services, client-side frameworks, data persistence technologies)
- Extensive experience developing web applications with React, Vue, Angular, or similar frontend technologies
- Proficiency in using one or more of the following languages: Ruby, PHP, Python, Swift
- Familiarity with relational database fundamentals and structure in a technology such as Postgres; NoSQL experience a plus.
- Disciplined approach to writing unit tests and ensuring code quality
- Confirmed ability to work as part of a small, focused team to complete critical achievements with tight deadlines
- Articulate communicator with both written and spoken word.
- Comfortable working with a geographically dispersed team
In this role, you will Design and maintain backend architectures Develop web services that integrate with internal applications Define data models and persistence mechanisms Build user interfaces from a user’s perspective, working from the desired experience backwards into the technology stack Utilize the best practices of software development, such as agile development, code reviews, continuous integration, and automated testing Work closely with Project Managers, SREs, and customers to define requirements, estimate accordingly, and deliver quality work on-time Collaborate, mentor, and influence members within our team and across other teams at Apple
Education & Experience
BS, CS or meaningful work experience required.