HW System Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are seeking hardworking individuals who like you to join our team. This is a System Engineering position that entails working with multi-functional groups to continually innovate the iPhone & iPad products. You will be based in the Cupertino area and will have an active engagement with the Hardware, Module and Design & Validation teams in Apple.
- BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering or greater, plus min of 3 years of technical work experience
- Hands-on experience in prototype work and functional verification specifically with electronics
- Hands-on and proficient with lab equipment: digital multi-meter, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope, power supply, data logger...etc.
- Prior experience with superb coding/scripting skills (Python, Perl, Shell, Unix, etc)
- Strong documentation and interpersonal skills - strong technical writing
- Comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment; Confirmed ability to work independently under high pressure and dynamic environment
- VALUABLE PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Prior working experience with prototype hardware and/or development boards is strongly desired
- Developed automated test and measurement systems; Setup of environments optimized for test measurement
- Software development and/or solid understanding of Software methodology
- Evaluate overall system design by crafting and conducting evaluation tests; applying knowledge of engineering fundamentals - Support Hardware teams in crafting the next-generation iPhones & iPad; build Failure Analysis reports - Own the optimization of the test processes and make recommendations for coverage improvements - Develop benchmarking matrix by crafting or modifying automation scripts for building and assembling performance graphs - Work towards closing potential test gaps and build improvements to the scripts - Position involves supporting hardware development activities abroad at manufacturing partner facilities
Education & Experience
- BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering.