Sr. iOS UI Engineer-Apple Music
New York City, New York, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about Music? The Apple Music team is looking for stellar software engineers to create awesome listening experiences for our over 1 billion active users. Our team enjoys a tremendous impact — we are one of the first applications on every new Apple platform, and our app is often featured in Keynotes and in marketing materials. The experiences you enable are sure to be tweeted and blogged about all over the internet. You’ll get to work with system engineers across Apple, learning the inner-workings of iOS, watchOS, tvOS and HomePod, and optimizing your code for performance in ways only Apple can. Come join our team and make a real difference for music lovers worldwide.
- Ability to write clear, correct, and high-performance code in Swift
- Ability to dive into and understand large, multi-layered code bases
- Deep understanding of system design and ability to analyze features requests and propose solutions spanning the full stack on multiple clients and servers
- Keen eye for detail and a passion for user experience
- Strong communication skills interacting with senior management, peers, junior members of the team, as well as non-technical members of other teams
- Ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
Music is in Apple’s DNA, and the Music app is a cornerstone of many Apple products. Our team brings joy to millions, and we usually find ourselves in the forefront of every new initiative. You’ll not only contribute to and learn from this world-class team with a track record of success, but also get to work with various systems teams across Apple to deliver the best music experience to our users. Apple Music is looking for extraordinary software engineers to create the finest music app experience for our many millions of users around the world. As a software engineer on the Apple Music team, you’ll be responsible for Music’s user interface - implementing new features as well as debugging issues and improving performance. You’ll have an opportunity to work cross-platform on iOS, macOS and tvOS, pushing the boundaries to deliver products and experiences that can revolutionize industries and delight customers. Music team engineers are highly-collaborative, highly-motivated, self-starters with strong analytical and problem solving skills. If you’re as passionate about your Music as you are of your code and are ready to make an impact in a high-profile, fast-paced environment, the Apple Music team would love to talk with you. Strong attention to detail and a good sense of humor are also welcomed!
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience