Image Quality Systems Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world. The seamless integration of hardware and software has led to features like Memories and Portrait Mode which deliver experiences that are truly magical. The Camera & Photos team focuses on user-experience by utilizing computer vision and image processing through machine learning. We're looking for someone with a real passion for photography, and gets a kick out of shipping amazing products experiences to millions of people. The Camera tuning team is searching for highly skilled and innovative engineer who will play a key role in tuning and defining still and video image quality as well as user behavior for iOS camera products.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a image quality tuning engineer
- Strong understanding of ISP and de-noising algorithms
- Understanding of multi brackets fusion schemes
- Excellent sense of photography, videography, cinematography
- Understand digital photography and image processing technologies
- Knowledgeable with lighting, whether artificial or natural and how it affects image and video quality
- Have some understanding of computational photography and machine learning
- Possess a deep understanding of photography: exposure settings, WB, depth-of-field, etc.
- Focus on details and have and possess strong debugging and analytical skills
- Experience testing and validating digital or cell phone cameras
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our products have a considerable complexity and rich feature set that push our hardware and software to the edge. We are looking for a great teammate who is dedicated to understanding, building, and promoting integration between different HW and SW components to enable ground breaking features and performance. This role requires an understanding of different ISP and framework components and their impact on image and video quality, a clear vision of what constitutes a phenomenal camera, and a strong dedication to drive features into better camera user experience. You will contribute directly to a variety of cutting edging technologies, such as Deep fusion, HDR, Portrait mode, and various algorithm development. You will participate in quality evaluations for new features and algorithms through experimental studies, provide direct feedback to the engineering teams. In this role you'll be a critical part of a fast-paced, collaborative team and who thrive in a high energy, time-constrained, multitasking environment.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience with software and hardware on consumer devices and cell phone cameras a plus
- Prior experience with traditional film photography and printing a plus