Silicon Validation Hardware Technician
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product.
- Excellent PCB rework skills including soldering fine pitch components; experience with BGA rework is a plus
- Familiar with hardware lab equipment setup and use - oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, function generators, etc.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems creatively
- Basic understand of EE principles and familiarity with diverse components
- Ability to move heavy boxes of materials both on and off-site
- Flexibility and willingness to help out all of the various lab customers and to support their varied needs
- Keep the lab clean, organized, and fully stocked with tools and accessories needed for hardware testing - Keep up-to-date on the latest test equipment and recommend upgrades to the lab as needed - Board bring-up, rework, and debug of prototype hardware assisting the hardware design team - Occasional complicated and fine-pitch rework of prototype hardware - Inventory management, including calibration and necessary repair, of all hardware test equipment (oscilloscopes, analyzers, function generators, etc.) - Implementing/following all Apple lab safety and compliance policies - Setup and maintenance of hardware lab test benches - Shipping material to remote sites, including secure shipments and material tracking - General support of engineering activities for many teams within the Silicon Engineering Group
Education & Experience
2+ years supporting hardware design lab activities