Trusted Execution Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Trusted Execution team builds the technology to keep our users safe and care-free while running the software that they want. Our software runs on the execution path for every program on every one of our products, for all of Apple’s users around the world. We’re often referred to as the first line of defense in Apple’s defense-in-depth strategy. Our products are infamous within the security community, and each year we push them to the next level. We’re a small team with a huge impact. As an engineer joining this team, you would be contributing to the entire system. Interacting with Apple’s unique CPU features directly, through the kernel, up through libraries, frameworks and applications. You will have an opportunity to define, design and implement new security technologies for Apple’s next generation operating systems. Successful candidates will be capable of pursuing challenging wide-ranging engineering problems anywhere in the software stack, determining the appropriate compromise between several often competing factors such as ease of use, performance and of course security. Our environment fosters product innovation, rapid product iteration, and a liberating amount of autonomy in which you will be expected to create and quickly bring to market new security methods and technologies to address the complex needs of mobile and distributed computing. The position will require you to interact with and influence many people from several organizations within and outside the company. Designing and developing software for hundreds of millions of users! Utilizing some the unique advantages we have by building our own hardware, we’re also focused on building new malware detection and remediation capabilities. If you have an interest or background in this area, we’d love to hear from you.
- A passion for crafting effective and pragmatic security technologies in the operating systems arena.
- Understanding of past, current, and emerging security exploits.
- Excellent C and systems programming skills.
- Strong understanding of operating systems internals.
- Industry exposure to and knowledge of OS security and applied cryptography.
- Ability to deliver proven work on tight schedules. Working cross-functionally with other software, hardware, red teams, malware analysts and support teams to provide the best security solutions for Apple’s products.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
Help define the security properties and architecture for the next-generation operating system. Design and implement new approaches to code signing, execution monitoring, and malware mitigation to help protect our customers while enabling Apple to develop one of the richest platforms on the market. Come up with new and innovative ways of increasing security and privacy while preserving ease-of-use and growing the quality of the user experience. Work cooperatively with other parts of Apple on technologies and initiatives to improve security and drive the adoption of these technologies across the organization
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills
- Nice To Have:
- Kernel and systems programming
- Involvement in open source technologies and development communities such as FreeBSD and Linux
- iOS and macOS exposure (end user, administrator, developer)