Product Designer, Design Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Services Design is seeking a Production and Design Systems UI Designer to focus on standards and consistency across products and services for developers and content partners. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating and maintaining design systems, and helping product designers in applying them across apps and services to create a suite of elegant provider products. The position requires working across different teams to create consensus and provide deliverables under tight deadlines. Strong communication skills are a must, as well as coolness under pressure, problem solving, attention to detail, and the ability to mediate and cope with rapid change. Above all, the role requires a dedicated individual who understands Apple’s high standards and design aesthetic to the core.
- 5 years experience in unifying and maintaining a UI and UX design across multiple teams with differing goals and priorities—including developing, maintaining, documenting, and gaining adoption of pattern libraries.
- BA degree in design related studies and/or a portfolio demonstrating user experience and visual design work.
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles.
- Experience working on responsive web apps, and designing for iOS is highly desired.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously and comfortable working in rapid iteration.
- Ability to advocate for UI consistency with designers, engineers, product managers, and executives through writing, visuals, and presentations.
- Familiarity with accessibility standards, inclusive design practices, and accessibility features on Apple operating systems.
- Fluent in Sketch.
- Prototyping skills are a plus.
Contribute to and maintain a design system, providing detailed redlines, specs, logic and rules for a variety of use cases. Work across content to identify emerging trends, and turn them into reusable patterns. Advocate for UI standards and accessibility with designers, engineers, and stakeholders. Spot opportunities to apply standards to new features, but know and support when it's time for the playbook to evolve. Understand customer goals, business requirements, technical constraints, and be able to work within project parameters. Attend product meetings and have a granular understanding of the company’s goals. Participate in Visual QA as it pertains to content, file bugs as necessary. Work closely with: the Design team, to solve UI challenges in response to product requirements the Engineering team to assure design quality by auditing implementation during development, upholding the Apple design principles that form the foundation of elegant, efficient, intuitive, and delightful products.
Education & Experience
BFA or BA degree in design related studies is required with a portfolio demonstrating user experience and visual design work
- You might be a good addition if you…
- Want to be on a team where design and user experience is represented and defended.
- Want to work on a team where the best ideas win regardless of source.
- Want to work on a team where trust, sharing and healthy debate is the norm.
- Want to be on a team that works closely, collaboratively, and cooperatively with one another to achieve our common goals.
- Want to work on a team that develops effective processes that ensure success.
- Want to work on a team that eats together...again, sometime soon.