Optical Engineering Intern
神奈川, 神奈川県, 日本
Do something different! Apple is seeking an enthusiastic engineering intern to support overall investigation of advanced display and camera optical coatings. You will work with internal teams at Apple to shape the related optical technologies that go into Apple products. The team features a diverse engineering roster including optical engineers, material engineers, human perception experts, product design engineers, and experimental physicists. We work at a fast pace and require everyone to be highly self-motivated. A successful candidate needs to be a flexible thinker and be able to problem solve outside of their respective technical area.
- Strong technical background in optics, thin films, and materials
- In-depth knowledge of thin film simulation, thin film optical design, optical characterization, and scientific computing (ex. MATLAB)
- Knowledgeable of thin film deposition and metrology methods (PVD, CVD, spectrophotometry, ellipsometry, XPS, SEM, TEM, AFM)
- Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking in solving problems
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Proficient written and oral communication skills in English
• Design and characterize thin film optical coatings • Develop tools for optical simulation in MATLAB • Develop standard operating procedures for automated optical metrology • Presentation and communication of results to cross functional teams
Currently enrolled in a senior level MS or PhD in Optics, Engineering Physics, Material Science, Physics or equivalent.
- Hands-on experience and proven track record in optical coating, thin film metrology, and scientific computing.