Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
As a Reliability engineer for the Wireless Design group, you will be responsible to drive all reliability requirements across multiple Wireless vendors. You will utilize your expertise to review all Reliability test plans and audit the Reliability tests at the vendor labs. This role will also include leading failure analysis, root cause understanding of the failure and analyzing field exposure risk in the event of a failure.
- - Experience defining reliability tests, executing reliability tests and assessing reliability performance.
- - Expertise in auditing vendor sites for REL tests
- - Ability to drive vendors for DOE/FA
- - In depth knowledge in performing risk assessment
- - Solid understanding of industry test Standards (JEDEC, IEEE)
- - Experience working in a fast paced engineering environment utilizing real time crisis management skills
- - Strong analytical and communication skills are required
- Review all vendor REL test plans during product life cycle. Ensure that silicon/package qualification test requirements are met across all Wireless vendors. - Audit domestic and international vendor sites on a periodic basis - In the event of a Reliability failure, drive Failure analysis at vendor. - Assess Field risks through statistical analysis of Reliability failure rate - Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time - Individual needs to be self motivated, detail oriented and possess ability to clearly articulate issues.
Education & Experience
- BS in Engineering + 5 years in related role is required. MS/PhD preferred. - Experience in Consumer Electronics is highly desirable - Must be able to travel unrestricted (Domestic and International)