OTA/Wireless Systems Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. The Apple OTA System Engineering team is looking for a Wireless Systems Engineer to join our team to work on radiated system characterization across different WiFi & Cellular technologies for Apple’s wireless products.
- Hands-on experience with antenna design/test, EM wave propagation, anechoic chambers and radiated performance evaluation like TRP and TIS Your experience includes working with lab equipment: network analyzers, signal generators, signal analyzers, call boxes (e.g. CMW), channel emulators
- An understanding of the fundamentals of wireless communication systems such as LTE, 5G mmWave, WiFi, Bluetooth etc. and corresponding system level specifications
- You know carrier/industry conformance radiated performance requirements like 3GPP, PTCRB, CTIA, ETSI, etc.
- Excellent in your written & verbal communication skills!
- Preferred skills: Experience evaluating wireless baseband performance and user experience Programming ability in R, Python and Matlab Research/publication experience
> We create, build, and develop study methodologies for wireless performance evaluation. > Collect, analyze, and publish data internally & cross-functionally within Apple > Provide user experience assessment of engineering data (quantitative, statistical &/or qualitative) and provide clear and concise feedback to partner teams (e.g. Antenna, HW, product design) in a timely manner > Deliver clear design recommendations to cross-functional teams on resolving wireless system issues (including but not limited to RF/Antenna systems and baseband algorithms) > You are an upbeat personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and aesthetic sensibility > This position requires strengths in creating thorough design of experiments, manipulating/analyzing datasets, and visualizing results effectively
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree with 4 + years experience required, Masters Degree with 2+ years experience preferred.