Optical Sensing HW - Electrical Engineer (Laser Sensing)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Design, develop, and launch next-generation light-sensing technologies. Bring devices to life and enable them interact with users and the environment in ways never imagined before. The optical sensing team designs and integrates sensors across a variety of Apple products such as iPhones, iPads and MacBooks. The team is looking for someone who is a self-driven go-getter. Strong experience with optics, optical system design, and detectors is required. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet.
- Strong background in electrical engineering and optical sensor design.
- Expertise in end-to-end optical sensor design, including analog / mixed-signal circuit design for sensors, signal processing / conditioning, and simulation. Experience in optical modeling (Zemax, LightTools) a plus.
- Competency with Matlab or Python (or C/C++, C#, etc) for modeling, data acquisition, and data analysis.
- Hands-on experience with opto-electrical lab equipment, including oscilloscopes, cameras / detectors, spectrometers, power meters, function generators
- Experience supporting volume manufacturing of optical systems is a plus, specifically the validation of production test via lab measurements and leading failure analysis for first-of-a-kind technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
-Design and execution of new optical sensors, including building simulations / models for new sensors, model validation, and associated system integration -Lead hypothesis-driven failure analysis to provide design feedback to a cross-functional team including mechanical engineers, optical designers, and manufacturing experts. -Support root cause analysis with opto-electrical simulation using homemade tools or commercial packages, such as Spice, COMSOL, LightTools, etc. -Failure mode analysis, root-cause diagnosis, and system-level problem solving. Analyze data to draw conclusions, enhance product design/manufacturability -Travel to support design/production/supplier teams as necessary. Business travel to support product development (up to 10%), when consistent with public health guidance on travel.
Education & Experience
Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Optics, Physics or bachelors degree and work experience in the area.