CPU Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Are you a technical leader of CPU designs from concept to mass production? Do you have the technical knowledge and communication skills to drive and encourage project teams to deliver state of the art solutions in results-oriented timelines? Apple seeks an Engineering Program Manager (EPM) within the Hardware Technology Engineering organization with sophisticated technical skillsets in front end CPU design. This position will drive development process for core technology used in System on Chip (SoC) processors. This is an extraordinary opportunity for current intermediate or senior level Program Managers with CPU experience, or CPU Design Engineers that are passionate about getting into Program Management.
- Typically requires 7+ years proven experience in CPU design. Due to the complexity of the work on this project, CPU design knowledge is required.
- 5+ validated technical leadership and project management experience leading CPU Programs.
- Ability to lead technical discussions and have an understanding of CPU Design.
- Extraordinary leadership skills and ability to encourage team members.
- Enjoy sharing in the success of delivering a successful product.
• The EPM will own and drive high level breakthroughs on next generation CPU Design by focusing the Design Team on meeting near term achievements and unblocking technical issues by pulling together the applicable multi-functional technical specialists. • You will be embedded directly with the Design Engineering team and collaborate closely with technical leads on front-end CPU RTL design issues, through DV, Emulation, etc. • Own and supervise project schedules by driving high level achievement execution in a dynamic core technology team. • Responsible for executive weekly program level communication and managing blocking issues as needed. • Lead bug tracking resolution and reporting. • Rolling up your sleeves and doing what needs to get done.
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in technical subject area.