Display Module Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is searching for a candidate on the design and validation of the next generation Apple display modules, as well as future display technology development.
- 2-3 expertise subsets of the following fields are required: optics, physics, electric engineering, computer science.
- A broad engineering background encompassing display technologies, mechanic design, manufacturing design, optical simulation (LightTools, Zemax etc), image processing is desired.
- Proficiency of using programing languages (MATLAB, Mathematica etc) and statistic tools (JMP etc) to tackle practical engineering problems.
- Hands-on experience in high volume mass production consumer electronics, display related system strongly preferred.
- Experience in working closely with cross-functional teams, as well as with overseas suppliers, is desired.
- Strong analytical & critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Concise & effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English
- & people skills.
- Able to travel overseas
Working with cross functional teams to define display module design and specifications • Drive display module qualification goal to be met for engineering builds till ramp • Manage display suppliers as the primary technical contact window • Perform and review big data analysis on manufacturing build units both system and module levels • Drive triage and failure analysis on issues and develop corresponding mitigations • Scope emerging technologies for future display development
Education & Experience
BS/MS/Ph.D degree in physics, optics, EE, computer science or related fields with minimum 2-3 years of experience.