Display Optical Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is searching for a candidate in defining & refining the front of screen image quality of next generation Apple displays.
- 2-3 expertise subsets of the following fields are required: optics, color science, vision science, image processing, machine learning, computer science.
- A broad engineering background encompassing display technologies, physics, optical simulation, electric engineering is desired.
- Proficiency of using programing languages (MATLAB, Mathematica etc) and statistic tools (JMP etc) to tackle practical engineering problems.
- Hands-on experience in high volume mass production consumer electronics, display related system strongly preferred.
- Experience in working closely with cross-functional teams, as well as with overseas suppliers, is desired.
- Strong analytical & critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Concise and effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills in
- English & people skills.
- Able to travel overseas.
• Evaluate display front of screen image quality both subjectively and objectively • Perform big data analysis on front of screen image quality • Develop advanced metrics to quantify image quality with corresponding specifications • Debugging display optical issues and develop corresponding mitigations • Participate in display calibration process definition, algorithm development as well as pixel pipeline architecture
Education & Experience
BS/MS/Ph.D degree in optics, color science, vision science, image processing, machine learning, computer science or related fields with minimum 1-3 years of experience.