Senior Engineering Manager, Multi-Cloud Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
This position can also be located in Austin (Texas). Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Cloud Technologies is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead teams focused on building, securing, and scaling the infrastructure required to use third party cloud platforms at Apple. The teams cater to a diverse set of use cases from ad-hoc development, to world-scale internet applications supporting application development teams at Apple.
- Experience crafting, implementing, and operating highly scalable and reliable platform solutions at scale on the public cloud.
- Experienced with leading and growing teams operating highly scalable and reliable web services.
- Collaborative with the ability to thrive in a multi-functional organization through clear and persuasive communication, consistent delivery, and relationship building.
- Self-Directed: The ability to drive a team and project from a simple idea to production.
- User-Focused: Empathy for the user experience and the security of data come first.
- Very good understanding of cloud fundamental building blocks like IAAC, Observability, Secrets Management, CI/CD pipelines, and secure coding practices, compliance.
- Ability to communicate with senior executives within the organization and in business functions. A learning demeanor to continuously improve self, team, and the organization.
- Ability to hire, mentor and handle the performance of team members.
- Expected to contribute to software architecture and design discussions including developing specifications, documentation and APIs.
- Experience managing teams and co-ordinating projects across a global workforce working from different time zones.
We are a dynamic organization focused on secure and streamlined transformation of service deployment and operations on 3rd party providers across Apple . These include AWS @Apple, GCP @Apple and AliCloud @Apple. Our work touches most development teams at Apple and hence indirectly supports many products and services. You will be leading a team of engineers and will partner closely with several teams across Apple to achieve the goals of the platforms. These teams include (but are not limited to) Information Security, Network, Identity, Governance and Compliance. You will be responsible for building out the platform, tools, and processes to enable these activities. • Support the growth and well-being of your direct reports • Own, execute and deliver significant features and initiatives to support new and complex use cases • Establish baseline metrics and measure performance and scale, against demand and cost • Collaborate cross-functionally to shape the vision and roadmap. Drive for greater automation and self-service • Provide technical leadership and mentorship to engineers throughout the organization • Evaluate existing platforms and collaborate with team members to drive for a more holistic approach across all platforms where possible • Contribute towards a vision that addresses multi-cloud challenges and deliver the capabilities needed in the core platforms.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Computer Science.
- 8+ years of experience in leading Engineering teams specifically Cloud for Site Reliability Engineering, Platform Software Development and Security.