Camera Calibration and Instrumentation Engineer Intern
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Just be ready to dream big. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Are you up for the challenge? The Hardware Metrology team is looking for a system design engineer who is responsible for the design and deployment of systems, which carry out calibration and performance validation of various camera systems. You will work on the full spectrum of the lifecycle of the test system - from prototyping to deployment at mass production. You are also expected to work closely with the Camera Design group to define calibration and test procedures, and design high precision instrumentation & systems to be able to perform this efficiently in a factory environment. AS A CALIBRATION AND INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEER, YOU WILL: - Develop state of the art measurement systems for Apple; - Introduce cutting edge technology to people around the world to make their life better; - Touch every aspect of a system, including HW design, SW development, vendor engagement, algorithm optimization, analytics and factory deployment; - Work collaboratively with a creative and diverse team of experienced engineers from all fields including Systems Hardware, Product Design, Reliability, Software and Operations.
- Strong programming skills in one or more of the following: C/C++/Objective-C Experience in at least one of Matlab/Python/Lua languages;
- Knowledge of two or more of the following: camera, computer vision, image processing, optical instrumentation;
- Imaging/measurement/test system development experience;
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, with native fluency in Mandarin- Chinese and proficiency in English;
- Large quantity data processing & analysis capability in Matlab/Perl/ Ruby/ Python/JMP
- Strong problem solving capability;
- Estimated travel: up to 20% international travel;
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, highly multi-functional and fast pace environment.
Design, specification and deployment of camera calibration and test systems for Apple products. This equipment calibrates and verify performance for use during Apple new product introduction (NPI). Responsibilities include: Design, develop, optimize, review and debug software in C/C++/Objective-C used in interacting with embedded systems; Specify and acquire instruments, components and tools for use in a NPI environment; Cooperate with multi-functional & multidisciplinary teams to specify and implement test coverage; Run simulations or experiments to make data driven decisions and present results to senior management; Deploy calibration and performance verification stations throughout the NPI cycle; Generate reports that analyze large amounts of NPI camera performance data Debug devices from the system level down to the component level; Work with equipment vendors to design the perfect equipment from scratch for calibrating and verifying the performance of Apple products; Redefine existing algorithms to optimize them for performance or execution time Balance decisions between engineering asks and manufacturing efficiency while ensuring product quality.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in CE/EE/Imaging/Physics/Optics/Color Science.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.