Manufacturing Process Engineer - Displays
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Manufacturing Process Engineering (MPE) group at Apple is part of the technical operations team responsible for cutting edge manufacturing technology for displays in Apple’s products. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for the development, qualification, optimization, and production ramp of new manufacturing process technology and equipment for displays.
- The ideal candidate will need to have 2-5+ years of hands-on experience in the design and development of manufacturing processes and equipment - experience with consumer electronics manufacturing is a plus
- Experience working with contract manufacturers or suppliers
- Experience with continuous improvement of manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated ability to perform tolerance stack-up analysis, DOE, SPC, data analysis, and failure analysis is required
- Familiarity with failure analysis techniques such as SEM, EDX, FTIR, etc is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Tableau, JMP or Python a plus
- Willing and able to travel internationally up to 30% of the time
As a Manufacturing Process Engineer, you will lead the development of manufacturing process technology and equipment to enable new features in display as part of the Display Operations team. In the early program phases, you will partner with development engineering teams to evaluate various process technologies, equipment designs, and suppliers, and identify/select the best method for mass production. In the middle program phases, you will drive equipment/material suppliers to develop reliable, high-throughput, mass-production capable equipment that delivers tightly controlled process performance that meets pre-defined specifications. In the latter program phases, you will lead the roll-out of equipment, material, and process across the Apple display supply chain, optimize the process and equipment for device performance, yield, quality, reliability, and efficiency, and ramp the new equipment/process into full mass production.
Education & Experience
BS (MS preferred) in Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical/Industrial Engineering or Physical Sciences, with 2-5+ years industry experience in Manufacturing or similar Operations role.