Senior Maintenance Technician
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Senior Maintenance Technician works directly with the Facilities Maintenance Manager to ensure all Apple facilities and all related equipment are maintained the highest standards. You will have a close partnership with the Facilities Service Center and the Facilities Building Managers as it is vital to ensure services do not impact business operations. We strive to build and cultivate a culture of teamwork. This position regularly interacts with people at all levels throughout the company and should represent the Facilities Department as a professional partner at all times. This position will frequently know confidential information about special events and must always be discrete and not disclose any details while still trying to plan services to support the event.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working in a fast paced multi-facility corporate environment, with a focus on providing the best possible service to a dynamic group of customers.
- The ideal candidate would have and demonstrate the following:
- Proven track record to plan and prioritize tasks in a disciplined work environment and maintain high levels of efficiency without direct supervision.
- Proven ability to coordinate vendors and provide mentorship to peers
- Wide experience performing a variety of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, appliance, door, food equipment and building repairs.
- Experience working with CFM and BMS systems
- Strong customer service and problem solving aptitude.
- Effective communication skills in order to provide direction to contractors and vendors performing services for the company.
- Valid Drivers license with good driving record.
- Has the ability to adapt and learn quickly, work autonomously, approach tasks with a sense of urgency, and address any issues that arise day or night
- Strong attention to detail
- A willingness to provide on-call support in case of emergencies or other off-hours issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We are responsible for scheduling and completing repair requests made through the Facilities work order system. Work includes but is not limited to: • Plumbing repairs and maintenance to include clearing clogged lines, toilet and urinal replacement, locating and repairing leaks, flush valve repair and fixture replacements. • General carpentry work. • Basic knowledge and understanding electrical safety. Facilitating minor electrical repairs. • Door and door hardware repair and replacement including closer replacements, wood, glass and metal door repair and replacement and emergency board-ups. • Investigating noise complaints and dispatching the appropriate vendor as it is vital to make corrections. • Emergency and permanent repairs to mitigate trip, slip and fall hazards. • Providing support to various internal business units to perform a wide variety of services ensuring that special events are successful. • Various types of flooring and ceiling repair. • Respond to emergencies including nights and weekends when on call to correct unsafe or hazardous conditions.
Education & Experience
College degree, technical training or equivalent work experience required.