Lead HW EPM - Antenna Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Antenna Design group is a growing, high energy, results-oriented team. We are looking for a forward-thinking, self-motivated Hardware Engineering Program Manager (HW EPM) to be a part of Apple’s new product introduction process for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac and more, from prototype to mass production. We are passionate about Antenna / RF / Wireless technologies, and is familiar with manufacturing and/or testing processes preferably related to antennas. In this role, the Antenna EPM leads multi-functional teams to meet critical milestones, defines plans and schedules to execute Antenna Engineering projects, anticipates and identifies potential issues, and communicates them to management.
- 10+ years of industry experience, with min 2+ years of experience in people management in RF/Wireless/Antenna technologies
- Familiar with manufacturing and/or testing processes, preferably related to antennas
- Track record of hands-on technical project or program management in delivering NPI lifecycle involving design, verification, manufacturing, and validation testing
- Experience with supplier and CM management
- Excellent communicator, able to summarize, and articulate complex topics in simple ways
- Efficient in driving technical x-functional meetings: organization, time management, crisp take-aways. Track record in following through with open items
- Pro-active in project risk mitigation; effective in technical conflict resolution; knows when and how to escalate
- Experience in managing test equipment development projects is a plus
- Experience in driving to reality conceptual projects (pre-NPI production) is a plus
This is an exciting, demanding role in both deep technical expertise and broad program management skills. As an EPM, you will work with multi-functional teams throughout Apple and with external suppliers. You will set technical strategy, execute on schedule, and be responsible for handling and communicating status and issues along the way. We value your ability to lead and develop new processes and ideas when it makes sense to re-evaluate, which at Apple is always.
Education & Experience
B. Sc. and/or M. Sc. degree in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. Specialization in RF/Wireless technologies is desired
- Specialization courses in Program or Technology Management is a plus