Product Design Validation - Engineering Technician
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Product Design Validation group is searching for an Engineering Technician who will be responsible for assisting in the fabrication and assembly/disassembly of prototype parts and assemblies. The ideal candidate will have experience working in an organized and highly functional shop/lab space, a knowledge of shop tools and prototype fabrication techniques, and experience working on electro-mechanical devices.
- Ability to understand and create hand sketches, CAD models, and technical drawings Knowledge of tools and equipment found in a design lab (3D printers and post-
- processing, laser cutter, mill, lathe, etc.)
- Familiarity with proper shop safety and housekeeping practices
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with digital productivity tools like spreadsheets and slide presentations Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Strong troubleshooting and problem mitigation skills
- Self motivated and driven to complete projects quickly and efficiently
- Values quality of work and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
*Execute detailed fabrication and assembly/disassembly procedures and accurately document and communicate issues or suggested areas for improvement • Modify mechanical prototypes to facilitate product testing and validation • Assemble mechanical and electrical test fixtures to facilitate product testing • Maintain and troubleshoot shop equipment • Maintain machine shop space, keeping it tidy and organized • Train users on safe operation of machine shop equipment • Support engineers working in the machine shop • Work closely with the engineering team to support product development work • Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
Education & Experience
2~5 years experience in an engineering technician role.
- Additional Desired Experience and Skills:
- Electrical system debugging. Interpretation of schematics. Soldering, wiring harness
- fabrication, pdf rework.
- * CAD Experience
- • Experience with characterization tools (Instron, data acquisition systems, DIC)
- • Experience with metrology equipment (CMM, OMM, laser scanners, etc.)