Apple Watch Electrical Engineer Intern
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
At Apple, new insights have a way of quickly becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Sound is a crucial and compelling face of the customer experience so Apple has assembled a premier Acoustics team that enables our customers to experience music with delight, connect with transparency, and appreciate our products without disturbance from noise. In Apple Acoustics we work with dedicated attention to detail, directly supplying to products that ship to millions of people around the world. We’re a diverse collection of problem solvers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. And the same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it! We are seeking a EE/CS college student to join our engineering team and work on software tools. The tool will be used to analyze hardware testing data, and present the data in web application.
- Strong software development skills, with a proficiency in both Object Oriented and Functional Python required
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycles and the tools and methodologies that support them such as git, continuous integration, issue tracking, code reviews, quality assurance processes and scheduling.
- Web applications development experience
- Familiarity with MCU Firmware development and debugging
- Electrical Engineering fundamentals is a plus (analog/digital design, signal/power integrity, etc.)
Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software tool development, from design to development, implementation and maintenance. As a tool development engineer in this central role you will: Analysis test data with python Develop web frontend and backend Deploy the system to Apple cloud Help on MCU firmware development
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD EE from 1 of the majors below: Electric engineering, Electronic Science and Technology, Information and Communication Engineering, Control Science and engineering.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.