Home Application Engineering Manager
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
The iOS Home is the center for an entire ecosystem of secure and intelligent home connectivity. We are developing technologies and crafting experiences that revolutionize the way people interact with their homes. The team is seeking a hands-on technical engineering leader to help build the integrated Home experience on the iOS platform.
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering management experience
- Strong programming skills, preferably with C and Objective-C / Swift iOS user-interface programming experience
- 5+ years experience in building complex apps and systems with a focus on multi-threading, memory usage and performance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels of engineers and managers.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Passion for product quality and attention to detail
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles, tight schedules
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways
As a leader and engineering manager you will work to define and develop the features of the Home app. You are expected to be hands on, in the details and excel at planning, execution and running the end game for releases of the app. You will work closely with design, business and product to define the features for upcoming releases. You’ll work with engineering and projects managers in the Home group to figure out architecture, work-breakdown, estimates and schedules. At Apple, we are firm believers in collaboration, and we believe that building professional partnerships with teams across the company is the key to success. We are looking for a highly motivated and inspirational leader with excellent qualifications, who lives for the best customer experience, is passionate about building phenomenal software and cares deeply about building and strengthening a great engineering team and culture. We promote innovation to improve our product performance and stay deeply focused on delighting our users. You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive demeanor
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.