Serdes Validation Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The candidate will work within the Mac Hardware organization in the area of analysis and validation methodology development for High Speed Serial Interfaces . This will include design simulation, enabling in situ system design performance metrics capture, enabling external I/O compliance and factory level eye-scan test flow development, system compliance flow development, analysis automation of SI, data set metrics, correlation closure between simulation and performance metrics.
- You must have familiarity and proven expertise in SI simulation process for serdes links including Spice, AMI, statistical methods and demonstrated ability to automate such process steps to include leverage of commercial solvers for Signal Integrity studies of SerDes interfaces as applicable.
- Familiarity with processing S-parameters and transform methods from frequency domain to time domain step responses is required.
- Fluent understanding of interconnect modeling methods, using S-parameter, W-elements, etc is required.
- Key skills required include ability to execute and author code to support DoE analysis of candidate designs and hardware variants.
- The candidate should be familiar with High Speed SerDes compliance process for standard interfaces (CIO40, USB3, DP, PCIe, LPDP) and be adept at automation process for end-to-end system-level PHY compliance closure, leading partnership with Apple SW/FW teams, PHY/Controller teams and instrumentation vendors in the process.
- The candidate shall have demonstrated skill and working knowledge in scripting, programming expertise in C, C++, Python, PERL, and BASH/CSH; Git; Windows/Linux/Unix; SKILL (cadence) and Matlab.
- Demonstrated abilities in OO programming, inheritance, polymorphism, data-typing; multi-dim arrays, dictionaries; regular expressions is required.
- Experience with batch (non-GUI) processing support of the analysis suite is required. The candidate is expected to have a deep understanding and working knowledge of SerDes IPs and its functional blocks, as well experience of register programming for configuring SerDes PHY and Controller blocks for system integration and validation needs.
- This also includes ability to develop scripts to engage with and use on-chip diagnostic capabilities for testing SI metrics at scale on high speed serial interfaces.
- Ability to contribute in a team setting.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills, ability to work independently, a desire to mentor, and demonstrated ability to innovate are required.
- The candidate should have experience in creating initiatives that improved process, procedures, and result quality.
The position includes design and analysis in electrical system development process across signaling and power domains. The roll includes automation of analysis and design in system SI and PI efforts across the full range of the product development process. Teamwork includes coordination with peers, system design SI/PI, hardware validation, and project EE engineering teams.
Education & Experience
MSEE or PHD, 10 years experience in system or device design and analysis.