Home AI Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Home AI team is part of HomeKit and we're tasked with taking the remote controllable home towards becoming a true smart home. That is, we work on classical and deep machine learning techniques to analyze sensors including HomeKit Cameras, aggregate them into a context of what's going on in the home, and use this context to alert, automate, and suggest actions. We're looking for a smart and hardworking senior software engineer to work at the intersection of AI and engineering.
- You are an accomplished coder in C and object-oriented languages, such as C++ or Objective-C
- You have a well-founded grasp of computer science fundamentals
- You have experience with machine learning algorithms, either through a degree in the field or practical experience.
- You have experience shipping real products to customers
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- You have excellent communication skills
- A real passion for product quality and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a rapid development cycle with tight schedules
- You are obsessively hardworking and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
You will work in a diverse team of software engineers and machine learning scientists to architect, tune and deploy machine learning systems, all with the goal of realizing a smart home that automatically takes care of its inhabitants. Basically, we're building JARVIS. We are architecting our systems to run on Apple devices (iPhone, HomePod, Apple TV, iPad) in the home, and to store as little as possible of our user's data in the cloud. This way, we preserve their privacy and open up a plethora of interesting distributed compute challenges. You'll be responsible for maintaining and improving existing features and implementing new and innovative ideas for the future. Our goals are simple but the task is large; craft the most amazing smart home experience in the world that our customers will love.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience. Master's degree or PhD appreciated.