Technical Internship: Machine Learning/AI Engineering & Research Internship
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Machine Learning and AI
Imagine what you could do here? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Every role at Apple is crafted around our intention to leave the world a better place than we found it! Apple is seeking highly qualified people for the position of AI/ML Engineer and AI/ML Researcher on the Global Product Experience team. The team pursues advancement of the end-to-end experience of Siri Japanese users through improving machine learning (ML) in areas of deep learning (DL) and Natural Language Processing (NLP). As a member of the team, you will work on some of the most ambitious technical problems, develop new and/or extend existing ML solutions that will impact future Apple products, and collaborate with the best product teams to integrate your ideas into products.
- In-depth knowledge in deep learning (DL) and statistical machine learning (ML)
- Expertise specifically in Japanese for one of Natural Language Processing (NLP), Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), or Text To Speech (TTS), along with a deep understanding of the particular challenges for Japanese
- Excellent programming skills in Python, as well as familiarity with others
- Familiar with Tensorflow or Pytorch
- Strong publication record demonstrating innovative research
- Good presentation skills
- Passionate about building extraordinary products
- Expected to perform well in a fast-paced environment, to execute on the tasks assigned, to meet the production deadlines and, at the same time, to explore independently new innovative ideas that can improve and transform the product experience of Apple customers
- Be able to deliver ML technologies aligned with the core values of Apple, ensuring the highest standards of quality, scientific rigor, innovation, and respect for user privacy
- Creative, collaborative & product focused
You will research and develop innovative ML strategies for challenging problems that will affect future Apple products. You will collaborate with broader teams across Apple to transfer AI/ML solutions. You will have opportunities to provide technical mentorship and guidance and prepare technical reports for publication and conference talks. You are self-motivated, excellent problem solver, a go-getter. You are quick to build relationships and work well with change and ambiguity. You have strong programming skills with tried experience crafting, prototyping, and delivering advanced algorithmic solutions.
Education & Experience
Currently pursuing a PhD degree in Machine Learning, Robotics, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or related areas.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.