HID - Software Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Be part of the engineering team, focused on testing software and frameworks used to develop Apple’s next generation human interface devices! Testing is focused on macOS and iOS frameworks that drive unique UI experiences. Interface with low-level software and provide data to processing pipelines. An ideal candidate is a motivated individual who independently follows up on bugs, collaborates with developers to resolve issues and can understand and discuss technical problems with other QE engineers, development partners and program managers.
- 2+ years of Quality Engineering experience.
- Experience programming in Python and one other object-oriented programming language (Objective - C, Swift, Java)
- Partnering with a development team to quickly learn a new application, break it into functional parts, and identify potential weaknesses
- Understanding the context where an application will be deployed, providing insights to potential failures
- Authoring detailed test plans that cover all E2E functionality and edge cases of a system
- Developing robust and repeatable automated testing solutions
- Executing manual and automated test plans on a variety of hardware and software configurations
- developing quality from an early stage by being involved through the entire project lifecycle
- Documentation of test cases and code used for test execution
- Tracking test performance, reporting results to management, driving issues to closure
- Collaborating with multi-functional teams, guaranteeing complete test coverage and a seamless end user experience.
- Developing creative new tools, fixtures, and methodologies to stress software features
- Experience in testing & debugging UI frameworks
- Skilled in bug hunting and identifying regressions
- Continuous integration and scheduling systems
- Cloud services and data processing
An excellent candidate will: Have a passion for quality, enjoy the challenge of breaking things through creative testing Thrive in uncertain, rapid project schedules, being able to quickly shift priorities and maximize testing time Strive to innovate and try new things, incorporating continuous improvement of testing methods High Proficiency with Python Knowledge of Mac systems and MacOS/iOS or UNIX variant Track record of shipping great consumer products Previous experience with software measurement tools to analyze performance and memory usage
Education & Experience
BS or MS in SW/CS/EE or related degrees
- 2+ years’ experience with software or application testing