Hardware Technologies Instructional Designer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want to join us in these pursuits? Join Hardware Technologies Organizational Development & Learning team and design training and development programs that enables our technical community to grow and thrive in the organization. The Instructional Designer will play a substantial role in leading the design for technical learning, enabling technical specialists to deliver technical subject matter about their area of expertise in a way that is simple for the Hardware Technologies (HWT) community to learn. We share a passion for crafting learning programs that challenge, drive, and enable people to do their best work! We love helping others find new ways to learn and grow. We get excited by the challenge of crafting for different learners, different roles, and different geos.
- 3+ years of instructional design and training delivery experience using adult learning methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and proficiency with instructional design models and methodologies, authoring tools, and learning management systems integration.
- Experience handling learning programs including planning, scheduling, project communication, issue resolution, organizational change, and risk management.
- Experience leading onboarding programs and developing materials for new employees.
- Ability to facilitate brainstorming sessions and gather requirements from partners.
- Demonstrated experience in video production, including scripting, storyboarding, voiceover, motion graphics, and editing.
- Understanding of multimedia tools, software and graphics applications, such as Final Cut Pro, iMovie, HTML, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience leading front of room training, leading and facilitating sessions for employees at all levels.
- Experience analyzing, building and assessing curricula for asynchronous and synchronous classroom-based or virtual training.
- Experience crafting learning content for multicultural and global adult audiences.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, prioritizing and delivering on several projects concurrently.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to filter and distill relevant information to the right audience.
- Ability to make steady progress and remain calm in ambiguous environments.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, energy and sense of urgency to “make things happen.”
You'll design and build extraordinary learning modules and curricula for a variety of platforms and delivery types — including web-based, classroom, virtual classroom, and on the job. • Lead the design of in-house technical training and drive the lifecycle of training, from analyzing training needs to building content to delivery. • Decide on appropriate learning methodologies, develop learning materials, and align content with learning objectives. • Challenge learners’ understanding through the application of appropriate learning activities and materials that promote retention. • Write storyboards and produce media that utilize technology to achieve learning objectives through video, interactive authoring, simulations, games, and more. • Work with people around the world and across Apple — subject matter authorities, engineering leaders, business partners, and trainers — to rapidly collect information, frame objectives, and produce relevant, high-quality learning and development experiences. • Partner and enable subject matter specialists to design specific technical and soft skills learning programs and to teach/deliver pertinent material within their domain. • Analyze and design modules that complement existing Apple offerings. • Deliver under tight deadlines with minimal direction in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where quality, creativity and accountability matters. • Collaborate with other subject matter experts and curriculum developers to ensure that format and delivery support the learning needs of a wide audience. • Partner in the development and design of HWT Learning website.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design or related field. Master’s degree is a plus.