Cloud Data DevOps Engineer - Wallet & Apple Pay - Austin
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Looking for hardworking, passionate and results-oriented individuals to join our team to build data foundations and tools to craft the future of commerce and Apple Pay. You will build and maintain operational tools for scalable, extensible platform & services to ingest and compute large variety of data tapping into various sources, that will enable measurable insights & strategy for payment products. Cloud DevOps engineer with a background in large scale data platform & services support, that will play a meaningful role in building and managing platform infrastructure and tools to reduce barriers, decrease friction and speed up delivery of products for our data analytics team. Our culture is about getting things done iteratively and rapidly, with open feedback and debate along the way; we believe analytics is a team sport, but we strive for independent decision-making and taking smart risks. Our team collaborates deeply with partners across large scale data and compute platforms, product and engineering, and site reliability teams: our mission is to drive innovation by providing the business and data scientist partners outstanding systems and tools to make decisions that improve the customer experience of using our services. This person will be a key member of Wallet Payments & Commerce Data operations, and will collaborate with various infrastructure teams, platforms and data engineering, to identify requirements that will derive the creation of smart operations to build and manage data analytics stack. The ideal candidate is a self-motived teammate with good problem solving and communication skills with the ability to adapt and learn quickly, provide results with limited direction, and choose the best possible operational decisions.
- 5+ years of professional experience with large scale platform operations and support.
- 2+ years of experience in developing and operating infrastructure, data platforms and cloud services in public cloud environments (AWS or GCP).
- Solid understanding of IAAC (infrastructure as a code) techniques, orchestration and tooling.
- Experience in implementing security controls, governance processes, compliance validation, infrastructure cost analysis and optimization
- Hands on experience in network protocol, load balancing technologies and transport protocols and Linux/Unix system internals and scripting.
- Proficient with one or more programming languages such as Python/Java/Scala for automation and API integrations.
- Knowledge and experience in working with CI/CD technologies like Gitlab, Terraform , Docker/Kubernetes and cloud monitoring using Splunk, Grafana/Datadog is a huge plus.
- Knowledge of analytics stack like Apache Spark, Presto, Iceberg, Atlas, Flink, Airflow/Luigi, Cassandra is plus.
- Excellent leadership skills with ability to manage work to tight deadlines and handle the pressure of executive requests and product launches.
In this role, you will be responsible for provisioning, configuring and maintaining our team’s infrastructure, platforms, data pipelines and services in hybrid cloud. Shepherd zero-downtime deployment process through continuous delivery practices, rapidly releasing features that provide insights to customers. Collaborate with the platform team by building the right tools for monitoring and alerting for the day to day management of analytics pipelines Developing self-service tools and automation to improve engineering efficiency. Proactively analyze and solve problems on platform and infrastructure before they impact end users Visualize and champion the right use of the infrastructure building intelligent telemetry and audit systems
Education & Experience
Minimum of bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology or EE, or relevant industry experience is preferred